May 30 – June 1
Join us in the majestic mountains of Banff, Alberta from May 30 – June 1. Schedule coming soon…
ShowCanada is the only film industry convention in Canada that brings together all sectors of the industry from across Canada and the US. For four days, delegates will gather for screenings, informational seminars, and networking opportunities.
For more information on promotional and sponsorship opportunities, please click here.
Banff is a resort town in the province of Alberta an hour and a half north of Calgary. Within this National Park, the peaks of Mt. Rundle and Mt. Cascade, part of the Rocky Mountains, dominate its skyline. On Banff Avenue, the main thoroughfare, boutiques and restaurants mix with château-style hotels and souvenir shops. The surrounding 6,500 square kilometres of parkland are home to wildlife including elk and grizzly bears, and fromMay 30 – and June 1, 2017 will also be home to many untamed exhibitors and unruly distribution executives.
Online Registration Coming Soon.
SHOWCANADA 2017 – REGISTRATION
May 30 – June 1, 2017
The registration fee does not include accommodations. Online hotel reservations can be made by visiting the Hotel Page.
|MTAC Members and ShowCanada Sponsors||$975.00||$126.75||$1,101.75|
|Early Bird (register by February 28, 2017)||$975.00||$126.75||$1,101.75|
|MTAC Members and ShowCanada Sponsors||$1,225.00||$159.25||$1,384.25|
Day Passes can be bought for $450/day upon availability.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
1. To pay by Visa, MasterCard or Amex, send completed registration form via fax/email to:
Fax: (450) 668-4232
2. To pay by cheque, send completed registration form along with cheque payable to ShowCanada to:
c/o Patricia Gariepy
13 Avenue Brien
Laval, Quebec H7N 3L7
Registration will not be processed unless payment is received. Once your payment is processed, you will be sent a confirmation by email.
Registrations cancelled prior to April 1st, 2017 are eligible for a full refund, less $150.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations received on or after April 1st, 2017 are not eligible for a refund.
HST# 888546124 RT0001
FAIRMONT BANFF SPRINGS HOTEL
405 Spray Avenue
Banff, AB T1L 1J4
Hotel Direct Line: 403-762-6866
Toll free- 1-800-257-7544 (Canada & U.S.)
On-line reservations: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/showcanadamtac
Located in the heart of Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the world famous Fairmont Banff Springs hotel stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff, Alberta. Canada’s Castle in the Rockies has been providing legendary hospitality for more than 125 years.
SINGLE OR DOUBLE OCCUPANCY
(Group rate – Group name is Movie Theatre Association of Canada)
|Stanley Thompson Suite||$439.00/night|
Currently room rates are subject to the following taxes: Tourism Improvement Fee – 2%, Alberta Tourism Levy – 4%, Federal Goods & Services Tax – 5%.
Rates are offered 3 days prior and 3 days after the convention dates based upon availability of group rooms, at the time of the request.
All reservations must be accompanied by a first night guaranteed with a major credit card.
Check-In Time: 4:00 pm
Check-Out Time: 12:00 pm
*NOTE: The cut-off date to make your reservations as part of the ShowCanada block is April 26, 2017 in order to qualify for the group rate. After this date, all rooms not guaranteed by credit card will be released.
All “no show’’ reservations will be billed to each individual’s credit card. The cancellation of guaranteed reservations must be received 72 hours prior to arrival in order to avoid a charge equal to one night’s room and applicable taxes.
Information for 2017 coming soon
How to get there
Take advantage of Global Alliance’s
special offer to ShowCanada delegates
The closest airport to the Fairmont Banff Springs is Calgary International Airport (YYC).
Calgary International Airport (YYC) is located approximately 130 km (80 miles) east of the resort. Most major airline carriers fly into Calgary.
• Air Canada 1-888-247-2262
• Westjet 1-888-937-8538
• American Airlines 1-800-433-7300
• Delta Airlines 1-800-221-1212
• United Airlines 1-800-538-2929
• British Airways 1-800-247-9297
• KLM Airlines 1-866-434-0321
Airport shuttles are available via Banff Airporter from the Calgary International Airport to the Fairmont Banff Springs with regularly scheduled service. Reservations are required at least 1 hour in advance.
Schedules and rates are subject to change without notice.
Global Alliance Worldwide Limousine is available to assist with all your ground transportation needs – toll-free 1-800-267-0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All major car rental agencies are represented at the Calgary International Airport, and some have locations in the Banff area. Reservations are required. There is a Hertz office located in the Fairmont Banff Springs.
• AVIS (Canada/U.S.) 1-800-879-2847
• Budget (Worldwide) 1-800-268-8900
• Dollar (Worldwide) 1-800-800-4000
• Hertz (Canada/U.S.) 1-800-263-0600
• Thrifty (Canada/U.S.) 1-800-367-2277
• Tilden (Canada/U.S.) 1-800-387-4747
From Calgary International Airport
(about 1 hour 45 minutes)
• The Calgary International Airport is in the north eastern quarter of the city of Calgary. All directions to Banff will require travel westward.
• Depart the Calgary International Airport. At the first intersection (there is a Husky station on the left hand corner) turn left (North) onto Barlow Trail.
• Follow Barlow Trail for approximately 2 minutes until you reach the exit for Airport Trail.Turn left (West) onto Airport Trail.Continue driving on Airport Trail for approximately 2 minutes until you reach the exit for Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2).Turn right (North) onto Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2).Continue North on Deerfoot Trail for about 5 minutes, then exit onto Stoney Trail West. Continue on Stoney Trail for approximately 20 minutes until you reach Highway #1 (also know as 16thAve.).
• Continue on Highway#1 for approximately 1-hour until you reach the Banff National Park entrance gates. The gates are open 24-hours as all visitors to the park are required to pay an access fee ($9/person/day).
• Once you have passed through the park gates, continue driving West for approximately 10 minutes until you reach the first exit to Banff (noted as Banff/ Minnewanka Loop).
• Once you have taken the Banff exit, turn left at the stop sign onto Banff Avenue and continue straight. You will drive through the town of Banff until you reach the Bow River Bridge. Cross the bridge and at its end turn left onto Spray Avenue and stay to the left on this road until you reach its end at which the Fairmont Banff Springs is located.
**There is a fee to obtain your park pass when entering into Banff National Park. For fee information go to www.parkscanada.gc.ca **